Come by and join the friendly folks of the Plano Photography Club. Spend an evening with people who share your passion for photography. You are welcome to just visit to see what the club is all about, or to become a member to participate in club activities and contests.
The Plano Photography Club meets at West Plano Presbyterian Church, 2709 Custer Road, Plano, Texas on the third Thursday of each month (except December).
The host church requires the use of their facilities on the third Thursday in April, April 20. Our April meeting has been moved to April 27th.
6:00 pm: Training - Study Groups
All Study groups have concluded for the 2016-2017 club year with the exception of Bud Mallar’s group. All club members are encouraged to come to the April meeting at 6:00 pm for a presentation of the Study Group options that will begin in May.
7:15 pm: Main Program - Starla Willis and Ann Lamb: “Food Photography”
Information on the speakers and the program will be posted as soon as it is available.
The April contest is open for submissions. Submitted images may cover any subject or theme of the photographer’s choice. Entries must be uploaded to the PPC Competition Site before midnight April 27. Each club member may submit one image.
The maximum width for images submitted to the contest web site is 1400 pixels. The limit on the height of the image is 1050 pixels.
Changes coming to contests for the 2017-2018 contest year:
- The annual “Photojournalism” theme for January and the “People Photography” theme for September will be dropped. The themes for the September 2017 and January 2018 contests will be announced by the PPC board.
- There will be ten monthly contests that contribute to the end-of-year competition: May through November and January through March. All ten contests will count toward the end-of-year award; we will no longer be dropping each member’s lowest score.
- In the competition web site, each of the contests for the 2017-2018 year will be opened for entries in May, and will stay open until the contest deadline. This change will allow club members who are going to be traveling to submit their entries before they go out of town.
- The April contest will be replaced by a special contest with two or more categories, which will include Photojournalism and Portrait photography. There will be prizes (such as trophies or ribbons) for the special categories but they will not contribute to end-of-year scoring.
- Dropping April from end-of-year scoring will allow us to hold the end-of-year awards ceremony during our normal May meeting time, rather than having it as an extra meeting on a Saturday in June.
- Beginning with the May 2017 contest, the maximum image width will be 1920 pixels, with a maximum height of 1080 pixels.
Click here to view the current on-line edition of The Flash!
Our “News to Use” email list is one of the primary means for keeping club members informed of club activities and events. To subscribe, please send an email request to the PPC email administrator. After your club membership is verified, your email address will be added to the distribution list, and you will receive a welcome message via email. The club does not share member information with 3rd parties, nor will we send out any messages not directly related to club business.
Visit our Facebook page.