Come by and join the friendly folks of the Plano Photography Club. Spend an evening with people who share your passion for photography. You are welcome to just visit to see what the club is all about, or to become a member to participate in club activities and contests.
The Plano Photography Club meets at West Plano Presbyterian Church, 2709 Custer Road, Plano, Texas on the third Thursday of each month (except December).
Club Meeting, May 18
6:00 pm: Training - Study Groups
New study groups will be starting in May. If you missed the introduction of the groups available for this cycle, the presentation has been uploaded to the members-only training page: PPC Pre-Meeting Training Roll-out. Access to this page requires the username and password as presented at club meetings, and which may also be obtained from the webmaster.
7:15 pm: Main Program - Jim Christensen: Compositing: Expand Your Creative Space
Details of the presentation will be available shortly.
The May contest will be open for submissions soon. The theme for the May contest is “Closeups.” Entries must be uploaded to the PPC Competition Site before midnight May 18. For help in understanding the contest theme, please download this PDF document: Description of Competition Subjects. Each club member may submit one image.
Submitted images may cover any subject or theme of the photographer’s choice.
The maximum width for images submitted to the contest web site is 1400 pixels. The limit on the height of the image is 1050 pixels.
Changes coming to contests for the 2017-2018 contest year:
- The annual themes of “Photojournalism” for January and “People Photography” for November will be dropped. The themes for the November 2017 and January 2018 contests will be announced by the PPC board.
- There will be ten monthly contests that contribute to the end-of-year competition: May through November and January through March. All ten contests will count toward the end-of-year award; we will no longer be dropping each member’s lowest score.
- The April contest will be replaced by a special contest with two or more categories, which will include Photojournalism and Portrait photography. There will be prizes (such as trophies or ribbons) for the special categories but they will not contribute to end-of-year scoring.
- Dropping April from end-of-year scoring will allow us to hold the end-of-year awards ceremony during our normal May meeting time, rather than having it as an extra meeting on a Saturday in June.
- In the competition web site, each of the contests for the 2017-2018 year will be opened for entries in May, and will stay open until the contest deadline. This change will allow club members who are going to be traveling to submit their entries before they go out of town.
- Beginning with the May 2017 contest, the maximum image width will be 1920 pixels, with a maximum height of 1080 pixels.
Click here to view the most current on-line edition of The Flash!
Subscribe to “News to Use”
Our “News to Use” email list is one of the primary means for keeping club members informed of club activities and events. To subscribe, please send an email request to the PPC email administrator. After your club membership is verified, your email address will be added to the distribution list, and you will receive a welcome message via email. The club does not share member information with 3rd parties, nor will we send out any messages not directly related to club business.
Plano Photography Club on Facebook
Visit our Facebook page.