Free / Discounted Tools For Creatives
Many companies are giving back to the creative community in light of the COVID-19 crisis.
They've recognized that a lot of people are struggling, worried about cash flow, or trying just to survive these next few months.
In response, they're now offering discounts on their photography-related products and services. In some cases, they've extended their free trials, too.
- Adobe Creative Cloud - Adobe is offering two months access for free. Just login to your account and go to "cancel your subscription" and you'll get access to the offer, apparently. If you're a student, you can get free access until the end of May 2020.
- Affinity - Affinity is providing a new 90-day free trial of the Mac and Windows versions of its whole suite, plus a 50% discount for those who would rather buy and keep the apps on Mac, Windows PC and iPad.
- Canon Connected - This free content hub provides you with a series of fun and educational videos that will keep you inspired.
- DxO - The company has announced a series of free online webinars throughout April. They're hosted by renowned photographers, cover different topics, and they’re equally great for amateur and professional photographers.
- KelbyOne - KelbyOne Training is offering free weekly webinars and memberships to some of their most popular classes.
- Lynda.com / LinkedIn Learning - Some public libraries offer free online courses from Lynda.com for local cardholders.
- MattK Webinars - Matt Kloskowski is doing free online live sessions (which are also made available as recordings) just about every day for those staying at home; topics vary from day to day.
- Nikon School - All Nikon School Online Classes are currently streaming free; no end date is specified on the website, so take advantage of this resource while it is available.
- Photocritic Photo School - Photocritic offers a complete one-year photography course entirely for free; excellent for beginners.
- Professional Photographers of America - The PPA has opened all of its training for free through the end of May 2020; all you need to do is create a free account to access over 1,100+ online classes.
- Shift Art - Shift Art is offering reduced price access to their Base Camp Photoshop Tutorials collection for 30 days.
- Skillshare - During the COVID-19 crisis, they’re offering 2-month access to all courses for teachers and students, and some courses are open to everyone.
NOTE: We'll continue adding to this list over the coming days and weeks.