Training Classes for Plano Photography Club Members
All in person classes are on hold until further notice.
Ask Me Anything Web Meeting - April 9, 2020 6:00 PM - Details
Dennis Fritsche is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Ask Me Anything - PPC
Time: Apr 9, 2020 06:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 253 325 316
Classes start at 6:00 PM and end at 7:00 PM
Location of Rooms: Church Map
Class Schedule for March 19, 2020
- New and Prospective Member Orientation - Room 5
- Ask Me Anything - Library
- Photography Fundamentals - Room 8 (Class is Full)
Starting in April 2020
- Club Contests for New Members - Room 1
Descriptions of Current Classes
New And Prospective Member Orientation
Led by Carol Barlow and Mary Jean Blevins.
The leaders will familiarize new and prospective members with information such as how to join, an overview of the website, the purpose of the competition, an overview of the monthly contest process, and club events and field trips. You do not need to register - just show up.
This class is offered at each meeting.
Ask Me Anything
Instructor: Dennis Fritsche
Class Availability: Open to all
Class Duration: Through April 2020
Sign-up: Not Required
Description: This is an open session to discuss anything photographic - cameras, Lightroom, color management, technique, gear, printing, travel planning, back-up strategies, whatever.
If I don't know, someone else in the room will. It's a great place to learn something new. If you have a problem image or one you want to improve, bring a high-resolution copy on a memory stick and we will see what we can do - or email it to me at email@example.com.
See some of the material talked about in the class here.
Photography Fundamentals Study Group (Class is FULL. No new participants.)
The purpose of this Plano Photography Club (PPC) Study Group is to provide a basic understanding of photography and the workings of photographic equipment to enhance the participants' ability to capture technically 'better' images, to be more creative, to determine what ‘equipment’ they need and to use various software platforms to display and/or enhance their photographs.
This group, limited to the first 6 participants signing up, will meet (about) every two weeks, on a Thursday night, for a total of six times at the West Plano Presbyterian Church beginning Jan 16th, 2020. Participation in all sessions is essential as 'make up' opportunities are limited and most of the sessions build upon prior sessions ‘information.’
The group will participate in lectures, discussions, workshops, and sharing their images in the following areas:
- “Stuff” the participants can do on their own to become better photographers. One hour beginning at 6:00 pm on Jan 16th before the January PPC meeting.
- The Exposure Triangle – the ‘use’ of ISO, shutter speed, f/stop for better exposures, enhanced creativity and dealing with difficult lighting situations. Two hours beginning at 7:00 pm on Feb 6th.
- Why are there all those buttons on a camera and how to use them to take better pictures. One hour beginning at 6:00 pm on Feb 20th before the February PPC meeting.
- The equipment (camera, tripods, lenses, filters, spares, personal items, gadgets, etc.) which should be in a 'camera bag' – which, why and how to use them. Two hours beginning at 7:00 pm on Mar 5th.
- What do you do when it rains and other ideas on composition. One hour beginning at 6:00 pm on Mar 19th before the March PPC meeting.
- A hands on orientation to Lightroom to enable simple editing by the participants and high lightingways to spend less time post-processing and more fun out taking better pictures. Two hours beginning at 7:00 pm on Apr 2nd – say what, that’s my birthday.
There is no cost, nor required equipment, but you must be a member of PPC, Heard Nature Photographers or Dallas Camera Club to participate. If needed, you can join PPC on Jan 16th.
If you are interested in joining this Study Group, please sign up with or direct any questions to Bud Mallar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Club Contests for New Members - Begins April 16, 2020
Instructor: Larry Petterborg
Duration: Three months
New members are encouraged to enter the monthly club contests to become more familiar with their cameras and to improve their photography. To help members get started in the contest process, we will be offering a three-month introduction to photo contests and image analysis. Learn what photo contest judges look for in winning entries and receive critical appraisal and feedback on your photos before you enter them into competition.
April 2020 Introduction to the contest process and what judges look for
May 2020 Participant image analysis and suggestions for improvement
June 2020 Participant image analysis and suggestions for improvement
TBA Contest submission critiques (this activity is open to everyone)
If you have any questions or wish to register, please email Larry at email@example.com.