October 2022 Print Contest Procedures
The Plano Photography Club’s February contest is a PRINT contest with the theme OPEN.
Here are the rules and procedures to handle the submissions for this contest.
- Print images must be mounted but not framed.
- A top mat is optional.
- The physical dimensions of the entry must be no larger than 16” x 24” including the mount and mat.
- The physical size of the image must be no smaller than 64 square inches (96 square inches for panoramas).
- The aspect ratio of panoramas should be 2:1 or greater (3:1, 4:1, etc.).
- Print entries must have a label on the back with the submitter’s Competition Level, the image title, and an arrow indicating the top of the image. The label may contain the member ID number but not the submitter’s name. Labels may be generated from the Competition website when submitting the digital version of the print.
- Prints may not be enclosed in any kind of packaging including plastic sleeves, bubble wrap, etc.
- Prints may not have any kind of hardware (such as that used for hanging) on the back. A plain backing sheet is allowed and recommended.
- A digital image file must also be provided for use in the judging slideshow.
Print Submission / Drop-off
The absolute deadline for print submission is Thursday, October 20, 2022, at the conclusion of the October club meeting at West Plano Presbyterian Church.
As usual, an electronic version of the print must be entered on the contest site. Those submissions must be completed by 11:59 PM on Thursday, October 20, 2022.
October Print Drop-off Options
- October 15: Church (2709 Custer Road [between Park Boulevard and Parker Road] in Plano) parking lot; the drop-off time window will be announced later
- October 16 – 19: Clive Fernando’s house (contact Clive via email for location information)
- October 20: October meeting at church